When searching for a new home in the Hill Country, buyers want to know that they are buying in an appreciating area. Home values may fluctuate, but living in a growing area with a strong real estate values and a bustling economy are important considerations when. As the 13th fastest-growing city in the nation, New Braunfels has made impressive gains for several straight years, and shows no sign of slowing. Projections have New Braunfels growing another 36% in the next 15 years.
The fourth quarter New Braunfels Housing Report from the Texas Association of Realtors shows continued growth in the city over the past 12 months. The median home price in the city rose 11% to $212,250 over this same period in 2014. In addition:
- Active listings were up 47%—a good sign in a city whose inventory has been extremely low
- The average days on market dropped to 62, from 77 the year prior
Why People Are Moving to New Braunfels
New Braunfels’ draw is multi-layered. Employment opportunities continue to expand with new companies moving into the area and building their workforces. Thousands of new jobs are coming to the area this year thanks to:
- A new 240,000-square-foot, $80 million manufacturing plant being built by Canadian General Tower (CGT) in a new industrial park on FM 1101 near the Walmart distribution center—a move the San Antonio Express-News called “the largest successful business recruitment for New Braunfels in decades”
- A new $14 million HEB Plus—the first of its kind in the city
- A new 855,000-square-foot Amazon fulfillment center in neighboring San Marcos
- Employee expansion for Epic Piping at its San Marcos facility
For those who commute to Austin or San Antonio, New Braunfels also provides a convenient location between the two cities. Especially valuable for commuters are communities like The Crossings, that are just minutes from I35, making the daily drive to work a breeze.
New Braunfels also ranks highly for its vast lifestyle opportunities. This family-friendly environment provides ample recreation, entertainment, dining, and shopping, as well as excellent schools. In addition to the many year-round events in New Braunfels that showcase the city’s unique culture and Hill Country activities that keep families active and engaged, communities like The Crossings create additional opportunities for fun, friendship, and family time.
Continued demand for Hill Country real estate has made this New Braunfels single-family home community a popular choice. Two single-family neighborhoods from Lennar Homes are offered with modern floorplans, spacious gathering areas, and coveted features like granite countertops, Energy Star® stainless steel appliances, window coverings, and landscape packages at no extra cost. The Crossings also presents great onsite amenities including a swimming pool, grassy play areas, and walking trails, along with Hill Country views.
For more information, visit The Crossings or click here to view Quick Move Homes.