Thinking of buying a house in the Hill Country? The Gruene Music and Wine Festival, held Thursday to Sunday, October 6–9, is a great opportunity to enjoy one of the favorite Hill Country events and explore new homes in New Braunfels that are just minutes away. Be sure to save some time to visit The Crossings, the newest masterplanned community in the area, over the weekend. That way you’ll be prepared to move here ASAP, since you're clearly going to fall in love with the city and all its live music, wine tastings, great Texas food, and friendly residents.
“The Gruene Music & Wine Fest began as a one-day event in 1987 with the purpose of promoting Texas and Americana music in a fun and relaxed setting while raising funds for the United Way of Comal County,” said the New Braunfels Chamber. “Over the years, it has become a four-day celebration not only of Texas and Americana music, but also a celebration of Texas, German and New World wines, specialty beer, food and handcrafted items.”
The event raised $450 during its first year in 1987, “But, as the event has grown, so too have the funds given,” they said. “We now raise over 250 times that amount and have been able to double our funds raised just in the past six years.”
The fundraising isn’t the only aspect of the Fest that’s grown. So too have the number of participants and the entertainment opportunities for guests.
Growth in recent years has included “the ‘Texas Tastings & Tunes’ event on Saturday to include over 40 wine & food producers for tastings and ‘Le Cordon Gruene’ food alley,” said the Festival. Sunday’s ‘Texas-Style Musicfest’ has been enhanced by “a Specialty Beer Tasting event, a second stage and the big game on a big screen TV’s. In addition, there is now a Craft Market on Saturday and Sunday and, “In 2010, we added an entirely new ‘Not From Texas’ kickoff event taking place on Thursday and featuring German and New World wines, live music and ‘Not From Texas’ door prizes!”
Here is the daily event schedule for the festival:
Thursday, October 6: “That’s Right—It’s Not From Texas”
- A “Taste Exploration of non-Texas wines”
- A concert by Margot Price at Gruene Hall
- Live music from Acoustic Jungle
- Numerous prizes, including: vacation packages to New York City, New Orleans, Orlando, Charleston, Napa Valley, and Nashville
Friday, October 7: “Rockin' With Texas Wine & Food
- Private Show and Meet & Greet with famed musicians Jack Ingram, Charlie Robison, and Bruce Robison
- Silent auction
- Catered dinner by The Gristmill River Restaurant and Bar
- Wine tasting with favorite Texas wineries including: Kiepersol Vineyards & Winery, Los Pinos Ranch Vineyards, and Wedding Oak Winery
- The Great Guitar Auction featuring autographed guitars by: George Strait, Willie Nelson, Ronnie Milsap, Loretta Lynn, Chris Isaak, Ziggy Marley, LeAnn Rimes, Ryan Bingham, Kevin Costner, Jamey Johnson, Ray Benson, Texas Style Musicfest 2015, Americana Music Jam 2014, and Unleashed Live featuring Jack Ingram, Charlie Robison, & Bruce Robison, plus Charlie Daniels’ fiddle
- Live concert with Jack Ingram, Charlie Robison, and Bruce Robison at Gruene Hall
Saturday, October 8: “Texas Tastings & Tunes
- Live music on two different stages
- Tastings of Texas foods and nearly 100 Texas wines
- Gift market—new this year!
- Concert with Marshall Tucker Band at Gruene Hall
Sunday, October 9: “Texas-Style Musicfest”
- Eight full hours of music with “the very best live Texas tunes” from Stoney LaRue, Seth James Band, Dirty River Boys, Flatland Cavalry, and Bart Crow
- Specialty Beer Tasting with more than 50 different beers
- Gospel Brunch “with a Texas Twist” at the famed Gruene Hall
- “Haute food” for purchase
- Wine tasting
- New gift market
New Braunfels is a family-friendly city that attracts Texas homebuyers with its continually growing economy, convenience to Austin and San Antonio, strong local job market, welcoming residents, loads of fun things to do, and valuable real estate opportunities like the homes at The Crossings.
These Hill Country homes for sale offer 16 modern floorplans ranging from 1,600 to 3,117 square feet, with 3 to 4 bedrooms, open floorplans, gourmet kitchens, spacious gathering areas, and some of the most desirable new home features included at no extra cost. This 288-acre masterplanned community features two single-family neighborhoods from Lennar along with Hill Country views, access to favorite masterplanned amenities including a swimming pool, grassy play areas, and walking trails, and a location that’s private and serene but has easy access to I35.
For more information, visit The Crossings or click below to view all floorplans.