The real estate market continues to show impressive gains, and an interesting pattern has emerged that highlights the most popular housing choices. Sales trends show that, more and more, people are buying new homes instead of older homes. “New home sales in July were reported at an annual rate of 654,000 units, up 12.4 percent from the previous month, and up 31.3 percent from July 2015, to the highest rate since 2007,” said Marketplace. “Existing home sales, meanwhile, fell 3.2 percent in July, to an annual rate of 5.39 million units—below the rate of one year ago.”
According to Marketplace, lack of supply is one of the main factors related to the decrease in existing home sales. But when it comes to New Braunfels real estate, it’s natural for buyers to be attracted to something that’s all new and all theirs.
NewHomeSource broke down their “Top 10 reasons why so many home buyers prefer new homes to used houses,” and we added our two cents.
1) “Design Your Dream Home Your Way: Why settle for someone else's choices when you can select your favorite cabinets, countertops, appliances, carpets and flooring? While you're at it, you can choose gorgeous bath and kitchen fixtures, lighting and other options that you love. Your new home will reflect your style, not someone else's taste.”
New homes in New Braunfels allow you to customize your home to your liking, and some builders are taking the customization process up a notch, offering new homes with upscale features and finishes that are included in the price of the homes instead of as pricey upgrades.
2) “Choose a Floor Plan and Room Layout that Meets Your Needs: Want a master bedroom on the first floor? It's yours. With massive his and hers walk-in closets? Done! Want high ceilings and a luxurious, resort-style master bath? Perhaps you'd like a sitting room with a fireplace in your owner's suite or French doors that open to your private patio or the pool? It's easy, when you build your master suite your way.”
Today, the “standard” floorplan you see is only the beginning. In this brand-new home for sale in New Braunfels, buyers can choose a three-car garage instead of two, turn the dining room into a study, or extend their covered patio, among other options. In this large Hill Country new home, buyers can expand their garage, add a fifth bedroom, and opt to include a media room.
3) “All New, Under Warranty: A used home likely has tired products that may soon need replacing. Your new home — and the products that comprise it — are brand-new and under warranty.”
This is an important factor to keep in mind if you’re weighing the benefits of buying a new home versus an existing property.
4) “Energy and Cost Savings: Today's new homes are far more energy efficient than homes built just five years ago. Versus homes built ten or 20 years ago, it's game over, advantage new.”
Smart building techniques continue to create more energy-efficient new homes—an important consideration for those looking to be more Earth-friendly and also keep their utility costs down.
5) “Comfort and Indoor Air Quality: Today's new homes meet stringent energy standards and codes not in place in the past.”
That means you can expect better air quality and draft-free interiors when buying a new home in the Hill Country.
6) “Low Maintenance: Today's new homes have open floor plans and high ceilings that reflect the way we live today. They're also made of cutting-edge building products that require less care and maintenance. Another plus? The latest building systems and components are designed and engineered to work together.”
So not only are the homes’ floorplan and features designed to function better, but they look better while doing it!
7) “Community Amenities: Many new homes are built in lavish master-planned communities with resort-style community centers, pools and clubhouses. Many new home communities also feature hiking trails, protected open lands and some of the best new schools and shopping near (or even within) your new home community.”
This is a huge draw for buyers looking to be active close to home and connect with their neighbors. Amenities in a new-home community can sometimes be the decision maker between a newer home and one in an older neighborhood.
8) “Advanced Technology and Design: It's possible to replace all of the single-pane windows in a resale home with today's high-performance windows. It's also possible to add insulation to a used home. However, it's very expensive to replace dated appliances, cabinets and countertops in a used home — and you still won't have the high ceilings you dream of on the first floor of an older two-story home.”
Sometimes, only new will do.
9) “Safety: State-of-the-art circuit breakers. Electric garage door openers with infrared beams that stop if a tricycle or child is too near. High-efficiency furnaces and air conditioners that use the latest environmentally-friendly coolants. Cabinets, carpets and paints that use fewer volatile organic compounds, so that you and your family can breathe easier.”
These are just some of the features that help make new homes a safer, healthier choice for today’s homebuyers.
10) “That New Home Feel: A used home was someone else's dream, not yours. It reflects their choices and family memories.”
A new home allows you to make those memories in a place designed for your family and your lifestyle.
For more information, visit The Crossings, the newest single-family community in New Braunfels. This new 288-acre offering features two single-family neighborhoods with new Hill country homes for sale featuring modern floorplans, spacious gathering areas, and many of today’s most coveted features. The Crossings also offers great onsite amenities including a swimming pool, grassy play areas, and walking trails, along with Hill Country views and a location with easy access to I35.
You can also click below to view all floorplans.